B.Sc. (Agriculture) at SRI, Dehradun is a 4-year full time undergraduate programme to get the students acquainted with various facets of agriculture and its related specializations. The syllabus is very exhaustive in tune with the industrial as well as Govt. jobs requirements, Agro – Industry Sectors like food processing, grain and seed processing, dairy processing, feed manufacturing and service sectors like agricultural consultants, agricultural statisticians, agriculture oﬃcers in banks and foreign agricultural service etc. There are several Government agencies at center, state and district levels, which appoint agriculture graduates.
Divided into Eight semesters, B.Sc. Agriculture is an Under Graduate Program centered on comprehensive study of Agricultural science. Bsc Agriculture syllabus focuses on agricultural science practices & research.
Why B.Sc Agriculture
WHY B.SC. AGRICULTURE AT SRI Dehradun?
- No capitation fee.
- Scholarships up to 100% in tuition fee for meritorious students.
- Course structure as per ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) approved syllabus.
- UGC recognized / Aﬃliated with Govt. University. Graduated students are eligible for employment anywhere in the country and abroad.
- Agricultural Farm attached with the college campus.
- Fine tuned with the industrial and Govt. jobs requirements.
- Highly experienced well qualiﬁed (Doctorates) from institutes of repute, engaged in consultancy, research and publication to add immense value to academic life.
- Live Projects and demonstrations in the areas of crop production, nursery raising, organic farming, ﬂoriculture, vegetable crop production, medicinal plants, orchard management, ornamental horticulture etc.
- Forest inventory & socio economic surveys, wild life habitat studies, attachment with state forest department and forest based industries etc for making the students versatile for industry.
- Experiential Learning Activities: Students are exposed to Commercial farms to know-how that create an opportunity for students to engage and tone up their endurance, conﬁdence and management skills.
- Innovative Pedagogy : Emphasis on case studies and inter-personal based teaching to develop skills in analytical thinking and reﬂective judgment by reading and discussing complex, real-life scenarios.
- Well equipped Labs with necessary ﬁeld equipments and research facilities for demonstration and independent project work.
- Opportunity for inter personal development by having association with MBA and PGDM students from India & abroad.
- Agriculture Research Scientist (Specialist in different Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs)
- Extension Officer
- Field Officer
- Agriculture Officer
- Farm Manager
- Plantation Manager
- Research Officer
- Officer in Quality Assurance in Related Fields
- Agriculture Loan Officer in Banks
- Production Manager Operations Manager in Fertilizer Units
- Business Development Manager
- Food Processing Units in Government
- Entrepreneurship -Seed Technologies Firm
Agriculture would continue to be the most self-sustaining and economically gratifying sector of an economy. Students equipped with professional degree can choose to work as agro entrepreneurs or innovators or in agri policy reform sector as well. The food processing sector is also brimming with opportunities. You can find lucrative work profiles like Agriculture Development Officers (ADO) and Block Development Officers (BDO).Specializations or research project done in agronomy, soil sciences, horticulture, plant breeding and genetics, entomology, , plant biochemistry, agro economy biotechnology etc adds to the employability quotient of a student.
Eligibility & Fees
Eligibility & Fees
Duration: 4 yrs.
The candidates should have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination from recognized Board/University with subjects including English as one of the subjects or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics or Agriculture stream with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST categories).
|Course||Tuition Fee P.A.||Other Facilities||Value Added Programs||Course Fee|
|B.Sc Agriculture||60,000/-||7,000/-||5,000 /-||72,000/-|
- Dehradun – A Safe, Beautiful & Cosmopolitan Education City.
- Bundle of Industry Integrated Value Added Certiﬁcates.
- Students from 08 States on campus.
- Degree from Govt. Universities.
- Multiple Placements for all.
- More than 100+ Companies for Campus Placement.
- Possibilities of International Exposure.
- Located at Heart of Dehradun City.
- Impressive scholarship schemes for meritorious students.
- Happening campus life with a variety of sports and cultural events.
Project Based Learning
Project Based Learning
- The course follows an interactive and practical approach that helps the students acquire new skills and competencies
- Students get to take part in LIVE agro projects and learn life skills of team working, analytical thinking, decision making and impactful communication
- Enhancing the employability quotient with personality development grooming sessions. Students are trained in advocacy and policy reforms as well
- Inculcating ethical and motivational behaviour to encourage social responsibility amongst students
- To create agriculture professionals with expertise in yield enhancement and food processing
- To contribute to agriculture development assuming the role of innovators or entrepreneurs
- To interact with their peers in other disciplines in their work places / society and contribute to the economic growth of the country
- To create awareness among agrarian community towards adopting healthy farming practices worthy of adding value to society and economy
- To create professionals having expert knowledge in Soil science and Agri chemistry so to help the farmers
- Inculcating an ability to contribute to betterment of agriculture and rural development
- Gaining insightful knowledge of the subjects related to cotemporary and market-oriented farming
- Inculcating a deeper understanding of techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for implementing best agricultural practices
- Sharpening advocacy skills to create awareness about farmers’ problems and agri-reforms
- Working closely with research and industry to expand the yield and returns in agriculture