An intensive and comprehensive programme that is considered a passport to a world of career opportunities.
From running your own hotel or resort, restaurant, café or boutique business our diploma and degree programmes instill operational, supervisory and management knowledge, skills and application in the hospitality and food industries.
If you’ve ever idly wondered how life would be if you were a hospitality leader with skills that could take you anywhere in the world, then RIHM is for you. In the stunning Doon Valley, you can realise your leadership potential with our programmes. RIHM offers world-leading certificate, diploma and degree programmes in the culinary arts and international management for hotels, restaurants and in hospitality – so you can make those dreams a reality. Challenge yourself to be the best and become a creative leader! Our One Year Programme is an exciting, one-of-a-kind qualification where you will learn about the artisanal food cycle from beginning to end. With RIHM qualifications in hotel, restaurant and culinary management, you will be career-ready, globally connected, and your employment possibilities are endless .
The one-year programme was started in the year 2002 and is approved by the Govt. of Uttarakhand, Dehradun. The One Year Course has been designed for students who desire to take up a career and excel in the hospitality sector.
This course has been well segregated into two parts:
- Intensive Classroom Teaching and Practical Session - (6 months)
- Extensive On-ground Training in reputed Hotel for Industrial Exposure – (6 months)
The course has been drafted in such a way that it guarantees in building the skill set of the students for the Hotel Industry. After the completion of this one-year Hotel Management course, the entire batch is placed in some of the top hotels around the globe. This is only because the course content is practically applicable and has direct employability aspects related to it. As a part of the course the institute conducts various workshops, guest lectures and seminars. Experts from industry visit the institute and offer their valuable insights and opinions on current relevant topics.
Any candidate who has cleared class 10th.
CERTIFICATE IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT(IFCT)
|Qualification:||10th or 12th|
|Study mode:||On Campus|
|Duration:||1 years full time|
|Start date:||3 intake dates each year – Enquire now for more information!|
|Location:||Shri Ram Institute of Hotel Management, Niranjanpur, Dehradun|
|Career Outcomes:||Restaurant Manager | Venue Coordinator | Hotel Front Office Attendant | Hotel Service Supervisor | Hotel Supervisor|
Begin as a student and with the skills of an in-demand manager when you join Diploma in Hotel Management. With this course, you’ll be well prepared for a career in on of the most exciting industries – hospitality and tourism!
We provid with high class, state-of-the-art hospitality training. Cover how to work effectively with others; provide service to customers, manage operational plans; manage conflict; lead and manage staff and much much more.
Gain practical skills
IFCT is dedicated to building your skills both inside and outside of the classroom. Thanks to our strong partnership with Premier Hotels you’ll have the opportunity to take on a paid internship program where you’ll master the skills to meet the demands of your clientele; build industry contacts; work in a team and gain exposure to industry practices.
Work placement will give you the chance to learn first-hand how to deliver exceptional hospitality service.
Where Will It Lead Me?
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Diploma in Hotel Management.
Curious about where a career in hospitality could take you? Potential job outcomes may include:
- Restaurant Manager
- Venue Coordinator
- Hotel Front Office Attendant
- Hotel Service Supervisor
- Hotel Supervisor
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
How Much Will It Cost?
IFCT offers two payment models.
Payment Option 1: Three equal installment
Payment Option 2: Two equal instalments
What will I Learn ?
In this hotel management course, the subjects you may study include:
- Contemporary Issues in Hotel Studies – This unit introduces a modern perspective on the hospitality industry, in which students actively research contemporary issues and trends in the tourism and hotel sector.
- Food and Beverage Service ( Theory and Practical )- This unit introduces students to the basic concepts of food service and to the skills, knowledge and responsibilities required to succeed including:
- RSA ( Responsible Service of Alcohol )
- Customer Service
- Layout and preparation
- The meal experience and contributing factors
- Culinary ( Theory and Practical )- This unit enables students to gain knowledge of the equipment, commodities and methods required to prepare and cook food, as well as develop basic skills in preparing, storing and cooking. This includes all standard Australian WHS and Hygiene practices training.
- Cost Control – This unit gives students the knowledge to control and manage the main financial aspects of a quality restaurant in a five star Hotel or Resort, including:
- Recipe costing
- Menu pricing
- Understanding the difference between planned and actual costs
- Producing a bar/restaurant control system
- Basic Excel skills
- Information Technology 1- Introduces students to the basics of information technology and its application and possibilities in the Hospitality Industry landscape.
- Hotel and Resort Management – Enables students to describe the complexities involved in the design and development of a new resort, thereby enhancing their knowledge of the five star hotel and resort industry.
- Food and Beverage Management – Students will learn the elements required to become a successful Food and Beverage manager in the Hospitality industry including:
- Menu planning
- Control methods
- Strategic planning
- Beverages and Wine Studies – This unit enables students to gain knowledge and understanding of different types of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, its storage, production and support equipment, including cocktails, mixing and garnishes.
- Rooms Division Operations- Learners develop skills in front office operations, including advance reservations, guest registration, and guest accounting procedures, giving the students the skills requires to work effectively in the Front Office department of a Five Star Hotel or Resort. Additionally, students will receive in house OPERA systems training, for practical skills that are the industry standard in hotels worldwide.
Who will arrange for my Industrial Training?
It is the responsibility of the Institute to arrange for your 6 month paid Industrial Training in Reputed Brands like Oberoi, Taj Hotels and Resorts, Hyatt, ITC, Radisson, Marriott etc.
From the very first day of your classes you will be attending Personality Development sessions and other activities to build your confidence to face the IT interviews arranged by the institute. We prepare all our students by giving them Professional guidance in such a way that they get job offers from the Hotel in which they undergo their IT.
Why Study with IFCT?
Be well prepared for a career in Hotel management within the hotel and tourism industry with IFCT’S globally recognised Certificate in Hotel Management. We are a 20 year old organization recognised for providing high class, state-of-the-art hospitality management training.
Have access to outstanding paid internship opportunities, plus use your qualification as a pathway onto further studies. Upon completing your course, you’ll gain valuable hotel industry exposure.
Be confident you’re getting one of the best education experiences with IFCT. We are currently as one of the top industry experts in the area of hospitality and management.
We are also dedicated to ensuring the mental health and wellbeing of our students, which is why they offer a free and confidential counseling service to help with personal or interpersonal issues. Students will also have access to academic support services to help you improve study techniques and develop the right skills to succeed.
Be sure to keep an eye on our Engagement Calendar, which ensures students stay connected to the campus. The campus features daily Personality Development classes, social activities, career counseling sessions, support service workshops, on-campus events like extempore, G.K. quiz, Food Festivals, sessions by Hotel Industry experts. Create strong relationships with fellow students with their full list of social events including extra curricular activities like Rangoli Competition, best out of waste, chart making completion etc. The Institute also provides Complimentary Daily Lunch to all its students.