Rules & Regulations
The Academic session begins from first/second week of August and ends in the second week of June every year as per dates notified by the Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand (An autonomous body of Govt. of Uttarakhand) The academic session is divided into two semesters. Odd semester starts from middle of August and ends in the first/second week of January and even semester starts from third/fourth week of January and ends in the second week of June.
All students are required to register in person for each term of the courses to be pursued by them as per the program and the dates notified in the Academic Calendar, which is as per the Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhandnorms.
The Enrolled students are required to attend all lectures, practical and other prescribed curricular and co-curricular activities. The attendance will be counted from the date of admission or from the start of the session of the Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand whichever is earlier. 75% attendance is mandatory as per the Clause of ordinance of the Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand. Relaxation in attendance may be given up to 15% to the student only on the basis of medical ground as per the University norms on submissions of documentary evidence as per Clause.
After having a survey of different organizations and taking advice of experts, The Shri Ram Institute , Dehradun decided to provide dress code for the students for following reasons:
Industry demands: There are certain service industries which are focused on the customer. These industries demand that the workforce look more united so the role of the uniform becomes very important.
Uniform as perks: In some large organizations, it is considered as an honour and a kind of perk to receive uniform. This results in considerable conservation of time and energy of the personnel, as he doesn’t have to choose again and again the clothes to be worn at the workplace. Also a lot of money is saved since rarely the personnel will be buying new clothes.
A sense of belonging: If the work force wears the same clothes to the work place then they share a feeling of commonness and belonging, which otherwise gets very difficult to achieve.
A feeling of equality: Uniform brings everyone to the same platform, no matter how rich or poor he or she is and thus inculcating a feeling of equality amongst those wearing the uniform.
Mutual growth: People wearing uniform are more caring for their fellows and colleagues, they care not only for their growth but the growth of their peers as well. Uniform is very important and foster traits which are very necessary for a person as an individual and an organization as a whole to thrive and prosper.
Shri Ram Institute, Dehradunbelieves in NO DISCRIMINATION between their students and hence the dress code is compulsory for the students of Shri Ram Institute, Dehradun.
All students must attend the college as well as all college functions in prescribed college uniform. Students shall not be allowed to attend classes without proper uniform.
The fee is to be submitted semester wise. Shri Ram Institute, Dehradun has many options to submit the college fee like NEFT/RTGS, Through Institution Bank Challan and can submit in the college’s account section.
Online fee submission facility is also available in Shri Ram Institute, Dehradun, students can deposit their fee from remote location, wherever they are.
- As per the Govt of India directions, Smoking is completely banned in many public places and workplaces such as healthcare, educational, and government facilities and on public transport. The law, however, permits the establishment of smoking areas or spaces in airports, hotels having 30 or more rooms, and restaurants having seating capacity for 30 or more. With respect to outdoor places, open auditoriums, stadiums, railway stations, bus stops/stands are smoke free. Sub-national jurisdictions may enact smoke free laws that are more stringent than the national law. Shri Ram Institute , Dehradun is strictly a non-smoking zone and consumption of any category of alcohol, tobacco, pan masala, gutka and drugs etc. is strictly prohibited. Violation of code of conduct would invite serious administrative measures and even suspension.
- As per the AICTE (autonomous body of government of India) and UGC (University Grants Commission MHRD) directions, Mobile Phones/Electronic Gadget (Except Scientific Calculator) must not be carried inside the academic block, administrative block and library.
- Mobile phones with cameras are strictly prohibited anywhere in the campus as per the University directions. If the students are found to be carrying mobile phones with camera then their mobiles, then he/she shall be answerable to the college discipline committee.
- Students must reach the college at scheduled time and also all the students are expected to wear their college ID-cards inside the campus.
- All students are expected to be inside the classroom before the faculty member enters. Because 75% attendance is mandatory for all students, students are instructed to attend all the classes.
- Any misconduct or misbehavior in the Institute campus/Hostel or outside shall be viewed seriously and liable to be penalized accordingly toShri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand (An autonomous body of Govt. of Uttarakhand).
- Students shall have to abide by the rules and regulations enforced from time to time by the Institute/Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand.
- If after enrolment in the institute a student does not attend classes without leave for more than seven days his/her name shall be struck from the college rolls.
- Students are expected to follow all the rules and regulations of the library.
- Ragging or any act that causes mental and physical harassment to another student will invite penal action/penalty and the offender is likely to be expelled from the institute as per the directions of the Honourable Supreme Court of India.
The institute does not hold itself responsible for any debts or financial deals made by students or their parents.